In the spring of 1996, changes were made in prevision of the economy and job industry colloquium made couple of days earlier in October of the same year. In the enthusiasm from the colloquium, an organisation called NAISSANCE-RENAISSANCE, four perinatal field community groups and the social economy built a project then validated with their principals partnerships such as, the ministry of Health and Social Services, the conference of Health and Social resources directories and the Quebec Association with CLSC-CHSLD before depositing it to the colloquium in October 1996.
The project about the economy employment in 1996, wanted to develop 15 perinatal resources center (CRP), on a period of 3 years, dispel all over the province of Quebec.
During that time lapse, 10 perinatal resources center (CRP) gather with one goal in mind, forming the RÉSEAU DES CENTRES DE RESSOURCES PÉRINATALES DU QUÉBEC (RCRPQ), with the mission of sharing their expertise, management tools and to assure the expansion of the CRP all around the province. The RCRPQ is now the promoter of the CRP since September 1999.
In 2001, at the finish line of the project, 10 perinatal resources centers (CRP) were formed and recognized by the ministry of Health and Social Services.
Nowadays, the RCRPQ counts 23 CRP dispel in 15 regions of the province.
As an autonomous non-profit organisation :
The RCRPQ assures and follows the development of the CRP on all the Quebec territory.
The RCRPQ gathers all CRP, mobilizes, supports and promotes their social utility.
The RCRPQ aspires TO :
- Being a huge piece of the puzzle in a province where all families have easy access to a multitude of perinatal services.
- Being a guide in the network and accompany resources and organisations that wish to develop themselves as CRP in the near or far future.
- The expertise of his members be recognized as a luminary in the field.
- That all organisations known as CRP receive the necessary amount of funding.
What is a Perinatal Resources Center (CRP)
The CRP offer their services on precise territory, expertise in the perinatal field to parents and future parents to help them prepare, support and accompany them in the many transitions in becoming a parent involve. Starting with the conception, followed by the pregnancy, the birth and the life of the child up to 2 years old.
CRP aims to answer the needs and wonderings of families/parents have while experiencing perinatal period. Their goal is to support and help the one in need in this normal stage of life which can and should be lived with multiple adaptation challenges.
Examples of services and workshops
Each Perinatal Resources Center has its own color and autonomy in the services and the offer in his territory
- Prenatal physical activities (yoga, aquagym) ;
- Prenatal preparation (to birth, Bonapace Methode, VBAC, C-section) ;
- Postnatal physical activities (yoga, Pilates, Zumba, stroller cardio) ;
- Postnatal meetings ;
- Father activities ;
- Baby carrier ;
- Activities for baby (massage, stimulation, awakening) ;
- Baby alimentation (mash preparation, baby led weaning (BLW / DME in french) ;
- RCR, first aids ;
- Coffee meetings ;
- Conferences about diverse pregnancy/ birth/ life with a baby topic ;
- Breastfeeding support (breast pump loans) ;
Present in fifteen administrative regions of Quebec, the Perinatal Resources Centers (CRP) are well-known and established organizations providing living environments. The CRP have recognized expertise in regard of supporting parents in the perinatal period.
Find a CRP
Maison de la famille de Bellechasse
132, rue Aubé
Saint-Lazare de Bellechasse (Qc) G0R 3J0
T : 418 883-3101
SF : 1 800 454-3101
F : 418 883-4322
Maison de la famille Nouvelle-Beauce
392, avenue Proulx
Sainte-Marie (Qc) G6E 4B1
T : 418 387-3585
1100, boul. Guillaume-Couture,
Local 210 Lévis (QC) G6W 0R8
T : 418-834-8085
Centre de ressources périnatales Autour du bébé
10 780, rue Laverdure
Montréal (Qc) H3L 2L9
T : 514-667-0584
7626, rue Saint-Hubert
Montréal (Qc) H2R 2N6
T : 514-858-1878
Les Relevailles de Montréal
14 115, rue Prince-Arthur, bur. 341
Montréal (Qc) H1A 1A8
T : 514-640-6741